On Feb 9, 2008 6:39 AM, David Haley <dchaley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe not everybody is interested in being strategically important,
> changing the software industry, making a difference, or being
> "ideological warriors" (that sounds kind of scary to me, actually). They
> might have other goals that are, as I am sure you agree, just as
> respectable. Can we perhaps leave it at that?

I'm sure that's true.  But I reserve the right to goad the fence
sitters.  There are people out there who can do more, who should do
more.  Perhaps they doubt themselves and haven't been sufficiently
encouraged to do more.  When I was cutting teeth, it seemed like
everyone wanted to be Linus Torvaldis.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every