On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Fabien wrote:

> Except for one point: he seems to consider that lack of outside macro
> hygiene is acceptable in a Lisp-1, and I find it even filthier than being a
> Lisp-2. It really puzzles me.

Yes, I think you'll be disappointed if you expect Arc to provide a
solution to macro hygiene.

Why is scheme-style hygiene not suitable for you?

I recently saved the following links for later reading...
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dherman/research/papers/esop08-hygiene.pdf
http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/macromod.pdf

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
BAILEY: WEST VIOLENT STORM 11 BACKING SOUTHWEST THEN NORTHEAST 5 OR 6. HIGH OR