Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> writes:
> And then there's my fundamental issue with Lisp: its extreme flexibility and
> lack of syntactical guidelines don't encourage the writing of reusable
> libraries

What does lisp syntax have to do with writing reusable libraries?

I agree that Java has an awesome set of libraries, and even better, a
library-writing culture, but this seems to have much more to do with the
way the language was "managed" than anything about syntax...
[lisp syntax is an "issue" for many people, and perhaps that's
restricted its popularity, but that seems orthogonal to the matter of
libraries.]

-Miles

--
Friendship, n. A ship big enough to carry two in fair weather, but only one
in foul.