"RJP Computing" <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> writes:
> I think of Premake like a configure replacement. We have many people
> build our project on Windows, Linux, and MacOSX with out really any
> complaints.

Does it do that in practice...?

The autotools (configure), for all their insanities, have a very good
property:  The user interface for non-developers is utterly trivial,
well known, and Does What's Needed Automatically in a large number of
cases.

The last time I tried to build a project using premake, I eventually
gave up because it simply wasn't clear what I had to do to build and
install the silly thing in /usr/local.  Maybe this was the fault of the
project and not premake, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Dawn, n. When men of reason go to bed.