On Jan 29, 2008 12:48 PM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm glad to annouce luaposix-5.1.2.
>
> Please note that this release breakes the API for dup() and exec()
>
> dup() now takes and returns lua files rather than file descriptors
> (int).

You could check the type() of the given parameters so that both the
old and new behavior are supported, unless you don't intend luaposix
to be a drop-in replacement for lposix.

> Download from http://luaforge.net/frs/?group_id=344&release_id=932
>
> Anyone volunteer to make a luarock?

It would be great if module authors themselves contributed rockspec
files for their releases, but it was pretty trivial to write a
rockspec based on the one for lposix:

http://luarocks.luaforge.net/rocks/luaposix-5.1.2-1.rockspec

So, LuaPosix is now available from the LuaRocks repository. To install
it, just run:

   luarocks install luaposix

Based on the current contents of README, I'm assuming luaposix is also
Public Domain like lposix. But you should probably update that file,
at least the contact information. :)

Cheers,

-- Hisham