Your writing was a good one, and the quality of macros / syntax mods clearly is of importance.

However, doing all the necessary precautions can be made in many macro systems. In particular, luaSub seems to me syntax and scope aware enough, that it shouldn't be much harder there. Just to make sure, luaSub's mods are made in 100% Lua, not in a "low level language".

I will add a section on the syntax mod API to the manual page.

-asko