I've updated my patch collection for Lua. I commend these to your attention as they are mostly small patches that unobtrusively improve basic functionality; only one actually changes the language. They should therefore be of interest to those packaging Lua.

The patches are all now updated to Lua 5.1.2, and listed at

  http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches

To summarise:

sig_catch.patch
  improves signal handling on POSIX systems, so that for example, you don't
  have to press Ctrl-C twice to quit a script blocked on I/O.

no_auto_conversion.patch
  prevents auto-conversion between numbers and strings, which eliminates a
  whole class of bugs. When auto conversion is a good idea (as in parsing
  configuration files or the print function) it can still be done by calling
  the relevant conversion functions.

print_nuls.patch
  Let print print ASCII NULs (character '\0'). This patch was improved by
  someone else (sorry, I don't know who) who made the function used
  configurable in luaconf.h.

save_readline_history.patch
  Causes the readline history to be saved to a configurable file.

no_init_or_paths.patch
  Adds a switch -t to the Lua standalone interpreter that forces the default
  values of LUA_INIT, LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH to be used, making it easier to
  run the interpreter in a controlled manner.

Enjoy.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Il ne vaut pas la peine de peigner l'eau