On 21/01/2008 21:34, Duck wrote:
A company called Webnet77 publishes a free IP-to-Country database which, though less detailed than other free geolocation data such as that from Maxmind, consists of a single CSV file that's currently under 6MB in size (under 1MB to download as a .gz file). It's updated every 24 hours.

Interesting. I wonder why they put the country name, it is a quite redundant (as one could just use a secondary table, which could be localized) and it would reduce the download size (a bit).
I suppose it is too late, if softwares already rely on it.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France