I am beginning to work on something that strongly resembles your needs: it is a rule-based business entities engine. The project is called Harmony (already on Luaforge), but I am still in the early stages. I don't believe, thou, it is going to be anywhere near completion for your immediate need. When I have some digital deliverables ( i.e. a paper), I could send them to you if you're still interested.