This is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off-topic.

Do you want new users to see this when they first come? Didn't think so.

I vote to end this thread. =/

Stefan Sandberg wrote:
Just because you view the aforementioned character in the aforementioned book as being religious doesn't mean I do.

I'm just pointing out that it's about as arbitrary as starting a count from anything else, the erection of Stonehenge, the first pyramid, or when prince Vlad 'The Impaler' Draculea died in 1476...

Shane Lee wrote:
Or, for that matter, labeling time as an offset since the death of a
character 2008 years ago in a book...

FYI: Anno Domini (or AD) actually attempts to calculate the "birth" of
Christ, which consequentially was not recorded in "a book" but rather
four separate books with four separate authors.

This is waaay off-topic so I will post no further on this issue,
however it appeared to be an attack on my religious beliefs made in
ignorance which I cannot in good faith stand idly by and swallow. If
you wish to make semi-religious postings, might I suggest you take it
off-list and direct them to me, since I am more than willing to back
up any of my statements with historical records instead of knee-jerk
reactions to the Discovery Channel.

-Shane