Well.

I dare re-enter this realm, since the challenge it places on the list is - how to deal with commercial establishments, and "rules". If we fail to please Kelly's needs, maybe there's something to be looked into the mirror, too. I think such a discussion never took place earlier on the list.

There's two things. There's Lua core, which hardly needs caring for and asking for roadmaps on it is -well- valid, but not maybe hitting the end of the nail. Lua core will change if (and only if) there's some benefit in the change.

Then there's the Lua 2nd tier, modules. These are in more or less constant flux, and there sure is generous overlap, and generous amount of bugs / bad designs in them. Comparisons of keeping up with Lua and Python become essentially the same if the 2nd tier is also included in the concept.

So, this being the looking in the mirror - what are we going to do about it?

-asko