> You state you are happy with Lua and suggest little changes will occur
> in the future (which is a good thing); management sees this lack of
> constant updates as a possibility the project will go away, or worse,
> Lua developers will join forces with COBOL programmers and keep the
> virtual keys to the server room (COBOL hasn't changed in years, either ;-).

I guess there is a difference in scale. The last version of Lua is
less than 2 years old. This is the timescale I am talking about. If
you do not see a new release of Lua in the next 20 years than you
should worry.

Anyway, what is the use of knowning that language X will be here
in 10 years, without knowing what language X will be in 10 years?

-- Roberto