Roberto wrote:

> The main reasons for the long times between releases are
> (1) we are lazy and (2) we do not think it is a good idea to build a new
> release for every bug found, so we wait for more bugs.

I am definately one of the "don't break it if it works" type of developer, but I also noticed that the Lua FAQ indicates no roadmap for 5.2 has been established.  Would it be possible to get some (written) assurances regarding the long-term viability and development of Lua?  Can we expect at least five more years of official support for Lua?

thanks in advance,
tim
--

"Anything war can do, peace can do better."  --  Desmond Tutu