To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: Lua and Win32 API binding.

Hi,

Hakki Dogusan wrote:
Hi,

Habib wrote:
[snip]

Thefore first I tried: wxWidgets. Dropped it when I couldn't find any easy way to display a JPEG on the screen. Hacking it will be more troublesome than it's worth. Add with it the requirement that we need to capture webcam image and shoot pictures, and things get out of hand fast.

But, wxWidgets can display JPEG images on screen? After seeing your message, to be sure, I just compile samples/image. JPEG related code follows:
[snip cpp example]

-habib.

I translated mentioned sample to wxLua.

http://www.dynaset.org/dogusanh/download/wxluaimage.zip (448Kb)

- Designed to work in wxLua/samples/wximage folder
- Some parts are commented out with --[[FIXME
- There is a flag to prevent one slow operation
- There is a bug I left, about wx.wxFileSelector usage (possibly my stupity)

--
Regards,
Hakki Dogusan