On Dec 5, 2007 3:30 PM, John Dunn <John_Dunn@qscaudio.com> wrote:
> I have seen luasockets crash a few times - could the multiple copies of
> lualib cause this sort of thing? In general, is statically linking a bad
> idea when using .dll based packages?

I used to have problems with this (I'm not sure if it was 5.0 or 5.1).
There's a static struct somewhere that is used as an 'empty value' (or
something like that.. sorry, I'm not very familiar with the
internals), and then compared by pointer inside lua to tell if
something is empty.. when 2 different copies of the code handle the
same value, they both use 2 different instances of the struct.. that
caused a crash. I just stayed away from it.

Ariel.