Shouldn't it be

--[[ this
is a valid block comment
--]]

?

http://www.lua.org/pil/1.3.html

On Dec 5, 2007, at 3:23 AM, Juri Munkki wrote:

On Tue, December 4, 2007 3:27 am, Graham Henstridge wrote:
I have ported the previous Xcode syntax coloring files to Xcode 3 with
a little help from Apple. See

Thanks.

It doesn't handle block comments quite correctly.

--[[ This is a valid block comment, but handled incorrectly
]]

The following change appears to fix this behavior:

        Identifier = "xcode.lang.lua.comment";
        Syntax = {
            Start = "--[[";
            End = "]]";

Note that you can't block-comment like this (nested) (Lua says it's
deprecated):

--[[ This is a comment
[[ This was supposed to be a string inside the comment ]]
]] -- This should close the comment

The syntax-coloring doesn't know how to handle the following either:

[=[ This is a string ]=]

I'll probably just stick with SubEthaEdit.

--
Juri Munkki

Be seeing you

grrr waaa