On Nov 21, 2007 7:18 AM, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> In fact, for projects with layered responsibility and versioning, a
> distributed version control system is arguably better-suited since
> everybody is then free to entertain his own forks and branches without
> requiring upstream approval.

True. While we are considering offering SVN next year, git would be a
nice improvement for those interested in a more flexible SCM.

There is a GForge installation using it (http://alioth.debian.org/)
but that does not mean it would be an easy move. I guess we would need
to wait for GForge to implement such a thing and eventually offer some
Web based front end [1].

Unfortunately, as Stefan mentioned, we are really unable to implement
any changes this year. Meanwhile, any help or comments on GForge
migration to SVN (or git) would be welcome.

André

[1] - http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools