Stefan Sandberg wrote:
OH heavens yes. Get sir Pall on board to do a jit, and then let krka make his kahlua work the other way around, and it's done.

I could not find Dalvik spec, but I guess that Dalvik and JVM have a quite similar semantics. If so, Dalvik is not oriented on the execution of dynamic languages, therefore we need some emulation (say hello to _a_lot_of_ virtual calls). If Dalvik JIT lacks good devirtualizer then we will observe really slow performance.

The only solution I see is the introduction of type annotations (in comments?) and a compiler with powerful static analysis (interprocedural or even intermodular), which will try to reason about types of locals.
Still this is very difficult (nearly impossible) task.

--
e.v.e