Here is the aforementioned patch to extend Lua 5.1.2's exception-handling capabilities. I know Colin in particular expressed interest, though others would probably find it useful as well. It should simplify any C++ code bound to Lua, as well as making lua_call a safer proposition (it throws an exception rather than panicking and exiting). There's more information in the provided README, as well as in my previous message.

- James