On 10/24/07, Colin <share-lua@think42.com> wrote:
- Change Lua to satisfy the exception requirements I mentioned in another mail:
  - Report errors from Lua as exceptions
  - Allow exceptions to safely "fly through" Lua
  which would make integration in C++ projects a heck more easy (that is C++
  projects on the level of "Exceptional C++" and "Modern C++ Design").

This can already be done by redefining LUAI_THROW and LUAI_TRY and making a lua_exception class. I needed this feature for a project of my own, and managed to patch it into Lua 5.1.2 pretty easily. I agree that compiling Lua as C++ isn't enough, but I don't think a rewrite is necessary. If you're interested, I could put together a patch file with my changes.

- James