Asko Kauppi wrote:
Having an ARM version of LuaJIT would _instantly_ make the language rather desireable among a large embedded audience. N800 comes to mind. So does OLPC.

OLPC is x86, actually --- an AMD Geode LX-700. ARM would have been more efficient, of course, but I don't think the new ARM FPU design was finalised in time.

I'd quite like ARM because I run a couple of ARM devices which are quite slow. The JIT would form a very easy way of improving performance. (Even with your LNUM patch, WordGrinder still can't scroll in real time on my 266MHz NSLU2. I was actually slightly surprised by this and I need to check to see that I've set up the patch correctly.)

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com