Just a small idea (after having spent about 30 hours reading this thread)

I wonder if it would help to use LuaInterface, and use it for trapping exceptions....?

Mike Pall wrote:
Hi,

Steve Heller wrote:
Yep.  I've also noted that some days/times I can run it many times in
a row with no problems, whereas other days/times it fails almost every
time I run it. I'm thinking there may be an interaction with some
other software on my machine that isn't running all the time.

My guess: kernel memory fragmentation (try not rebooting and see
if it gets worse over time). May point to a bug in the OS or may
trigger application bugs. It may even uncover rare hardware
problems (TLB, northbridge, memory timing). Recent Intel/AMD
errata lists are full of stuff that only happens under very weird
circumstances.

Next guess: overclocking and/or temperature sensitivity. How's
the weather been in Texas lately? ;-)

[If you're able to reproduce it on at least one other box, I'll
offer you one hour free consulting under NDA (to finally get this
thing off the list :-) ).]

Bye,
     Mike