On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:24:08 -0700, "Vijay Aswadhati"
<vijay@planetbazaar.com> wrote:

>Alright, I did format the story to fit the audience! But getting
>back to the data point, I would certainly ask questions like what
>changed on this machine: software, hardware and device drivers. And
>rollback each until you find the culprit.

The answer is: nothing changed on the machine, as far as I know. The
weird errors have (temporarily?) disappeared without my making any
changes, just as they started without my making any changes.

Of course, it could be some horrid thing that is/was being pushed onto
my machine by "support" via SMS (?). But that's going to be even
harder to figure out.

As long as the errors don't recur, I guess I'll just wait. I hate not
knowing what is going on, but I just don't seem to have any way to
figure it out.

Steve