Hello,
I am building a large application needing (Lua - of course) and also UTF-8 support.

Currently, I see three ways to proceed:
1) Write by myself a lua library to manipulate and convert strings from standard Lua strings to UTF-8 strings.
2) Patch the Lua distribution to manipulate UTF-8 strings 'natively' in Lua (but why do that if I can make an additionnal library)
3) Ask the Lua-List if there is already an existing wonderful library (or patch) to solve my problem :-).

Browsing the Lua-List archives, I've found this thread dealing with the exact same subject, but giving not precise solution at the end:

Asko Kauppi and Rici Lake seem to have already tackled this problem in the past. Did you finish this work? Is it already shared somewhere?

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nive day.

Aladdin

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail et bénéficiez d'un filtre antivirus gratuit ! Windows Live Hotmail