[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Does malloc() have to zero the block?
- From: Ralph Hempel <rhempel@...>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:35:31 -0400
Tony Finch wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Ralph Hempel wrote:
What are Lua's expected semantics of:
1. realloc() an existing block to a size of 0 bytes?
2. realloc() a new block to a size of 0 bytes?
Knowing how much the Lua designers like to stick to well-known
principles, I guess I did not need to ask either question :-)
Lua's expected realloc() semantics are very slightly more restricted than
what POSIX allows. See http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#3.7
I'm also reading lmem.h which is saying the same thing, fortunately :-)