Klaus Ripke wrote:
On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 02:44:32PM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:
1. realloc() an existing block to a size of 0 bytes?
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908775/xsh/realloc.html

Klaus, I'm using that page as a reference already. Maybe I should
rephrase my question like this...

What are Lua's expected semantics of:

1. realloc() an existing block to a size of 0 bytes?
2. realloc() a new block to a size of 0 bytes?

Knowing how much the Lua designers like to stick to well-known
principles, I guess I did not need to ask either question :-)

Does anyone else have any advice to give on improving (reducing)
heap fragmentation in a Lua implementation?

Ralph