Hi,
I try to do some king of RPC exchanging string.dump() between applications.

But, if the application are the same, I can do
string.dump(function() return foo(bar) end)

and pass it to the other instance of the application. But if the
application are not the same, the other application receive nil
instead of the value of bar. I think this is related to upvalues and
the 2 same applications have a "memory compatibility" that permit to
pass that value but not in the other case.

My question is: there is any workaround to do that between different
applications ? There is a way to de-upvalue a value ?

Thanks, regards.

Leo