David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:

> > However, I've run into a problem ...module() is a runtime feature and
> > the compiler knows nothing about it
>
> True, require/module will need to be a compile time construct.
>
> I've updated LuaFish[1] (which was recently announced on this list) to do
> something like this.  Again, it's quite preliminary, but one of the included
> examples is shown below.
<snip>

Indeed. A meta level might be one way to solve that problem. However,
the beauty of doing those checks directly in the compiler (besides raw
speed advantages) would have been that it's a self-contained piece of
code in the parser.

I think I will at some point include a feature along what you outlined.
There are many interesting things one can do within a compile-time
section of Lua code.

--
cheers  thomasl

web : http://thomaslauer.com/start