David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> but this is not going to be fun.  The compile environment for
> Unix/Linux is straightforward.  The compile environment for Windows,
> for the same application, is fragile and usually only the people
> providing the port are able to get along with it.

I am an experienced Windows developer (I wrote my first Win16 programs
with an SDK prerelease back in the mid-80s). Strangely I always found
the compile environment for Windows to be straightforward, whereas
getting stuff to compile (not to work, mind you!) under Unix/Linux was
frustrating (to avoid a harsher word).

It only shows that you like what you know and you know what you like.

--
cheers  thomasl

web : http://thomaslauer.com/start