Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
It is only fair to quote a bit of the conversation on #lua:

sanooj: spent a lot of time yesterday hammering lua with memfault
rici: did you find one?
sanooj: just one
sanooj: the rest of the time.. wow..I've *never* seen software as stable
as this.

It is good to hear that :)  The standard Lua tests include several
tests with a homemade memfault tool. But currently these tests do not
cover the libraries...

I routinely run software I'm developing through Valgrind (a memory access tool that checks for invalid/uninitialised reads and writes down to the bit level) and in the 6 or 7 years I've been using Lua, I am yet to see a single whinge from it caused by Lua. An impressive result. You and the other authors should be congratulated for writing something as complex as Lua without a thousand obvious bugs, unlike some of the alternatives.

B.