Hi Duck, hope the antipodes are treating you well

popen.c was knocked together under a modified Ricci Lake licence
('written in a fit of boredom' etc). It should be done better than
that.

Hi Duck,

Well that sounds like a cool thing - you volunteering? ;)

As for the builtin io.popen. It works fine in console programs,
Unix/Windows. But it doesn't work _at all_ under Windows non-console,
and I found it dodgy under Linux with ScITE as well.

steve d.
ps.
I had a look at Lua-Ex, and found it confusing - unnecessarily complicated.