On Tuesday, August 14, 2007 David Manura wrote:

> I've been looking a lot at possible doc solutions for Lua: POD, POD6 (Perl),
> Natural Docs, reStructuredText (Python), rdoc (Ruby), ROBODoc, plain HTML, etc.

I used Robodoc in a recent project, and it was useful as a way to
communicate the API between members of a small team.

Here is the robodoc.rc we used, FYI:

items:
  NAME
  COPYRIGHT
  AUTHOR
  SYNOPSIS
  FUNCTION
  INPUTS
  RESULT
  KEYS
  EXAMPLE
  NOTES
  BUGS
  TO DO
  SEE ALSO
accept files:
  *.lua
headertypes:
  t "Tables" robo_tables
header markers:
  --[[****
remark markers:
  *
end markers:
  ****
  --****
remark begin markers:
  --[[
remark end markers:
  ]]

Note that we used a "Tables" header to describe tables that are used
as function parameters and return values.

> There seem to be two recurring approaches.

Yes, both approaches are useful in different ways.

Doug Currie
Londonderry, NH, USA