On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 20:53:03 -0700, "Wesley Smith"
<wesley.hoke@gmail.com> said:
> I know nothing about solaris, but it seems to be looking for h_errno.
> You should run some command (on OSX I use nm) to list the symbols and
> how they're exported from core.so.
>
> wes

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's been quite a few years since I've had
to get down to the level of dumping symbol tables.
Based on the fact that a whole whack of symbols are reported as UNDEF
(things like stdio functions and lua_ functions), I'm assuming that
these symbols are expected to be resolved when the shared library is
loaded.

In short, I'm wondering if the root of my problem is an incorrect set of
compiler or linker flags, given that lua-socket doesn't come with a set
of solaris make settings.

If someone has built lua extensions on solaris and can give me a pointer
on the appropriate flags, that might get me going again.

Gavin.