it's not that hard to add a custom basic type to tolua, you have to
edit basic.lua and add a new entries on the _basic and _basic_ctype
arrays (see the other types as an example). then, you have to provide
where <type> is whatever you added on _basic. Check the tolua output
code to see how it uses them.