[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re-using a thread without reloading the LUA file, from C/C++
- From: "Lionel Fumery" <lif-ml@...>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:09:14 +0200
I would like to re-use a LUA file loaded in a thread, from C++, but my
understanding of LUA is far from perfect...
1) I create a thread with
m_LuaState = lua_newthread(m_Manager->m_LUA);
2) I load my script with
error = luaL_loadbuffer(m_LuaState, Buffer, l, FileNamei8);
3) I start my script with
result = lua_resume(m_LuaState, 1);
The first time, all's fine : my script is executed, and lua_result returns 0
My problem is when I want to call again lua_resume on this thread : I get
the error "attempt to call a nil value". And when I take a look to the
m_LuaState' stack, the first time I see my loaded script :
- top - 0
- bot - function
but the function is removed from the stack after the first completed
- Does anybody know how to keep the function in the thread ?
- OR What is the good method to use several times a LUA script, but to load
it only once ?
Thank you in advance for your help, I'm quite a newbie on this...