I agree, part of being a programmer is the ability to dig up information, and when that doesn't work, you ask.

Ketmar Dark wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:51:13 +0200
Alen Ladavac <alenl-ml@croteam.com> wrote:

it must be a function that receives two table elements, and *returns
true when the first is less than the second* (so that not
comp(a[i+1],a[i]) will be true after the sort). If comp is not
given, then the standard Lua operator < is used instead.
this explanation seems very clear to me. one should just read it
carefully and think a little. why anybody want to write programs and
don't even trying to understand what manual says?

nothing personally, i just tired to read the same questions again and
agian. 98% of such questions can be answered with simple "RTFM"... %-(