lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

I'm experiencing rather flaky behavior out of the VSLua 2.0 debugger and unfortunately any email I send to Trango's support team is just getting bounced back to me.

Here's the message I sent to them.  I'm hoping someone else here has already experienced this and has a good solution ...

When debugging my application with VSLua, I often get crashes and deadlocks depending on where I set breakpoints in the Lua scripts.  Sometimes I'm able to debug fine, but more often than not I end up with an unhandled exception as I step through my code.  Again, it depends on where I set my breakpoints.
Here's the error:
Unhandled exception at 0x7c90eddc in MyAppName.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00030ff8
And here's some info on my project:
 - I link to Lua 5.1.2 as a DLL (multithreaded debug DLL CRT)
 - I link to Luabind 0.7 as a DLL (multithreaded debug DLL CRT)
 - I don't use 'require' but my main lua script will load and run several dozen other lua files (by invoking a C++ function that calls luaL_dofile)
 - I am using VS 2005