On 04/06/2007 19:26, L-28C wrote:
3) [Example] How do you make command-line progress bars without ANSI? I see many programs using them, however I don't know how they do it... I thought "send multiple backspaces and redraw it", but that would cause flicker wouldn't it?

cURL shows progress of download (stats) by sending a single \r to output. This tells to put the cursor at the start of the same line, so you can overwrite the previous data.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France