[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Multiple questions on MS-DOS
- From: L-28C <kixdemp@...>
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:28:09 -0400
Yeah, I'll use ANSI.SYS. I found out I didn't need the \x escape
sequences, I can just do CTRL+P and ALT+27 to generate the \x1b that I need.
Now, a fourth question:
4) How can I read a single character? io.read(1) waits for Enter to be
pressed, I need it to not do that...
Stefan Sandberg wrote:
You can do all sorts of funky stuff in textmode in dos.. I wrote a
textmode renderer once, but I doubt I can find it anymore..
This is a good place for resources..
So I finally got Lua to compile under DJGPP... Now I have a few
1) Is there any game dev library on this platform? Can LuAllegro
somehow be compiled here?
2) How do you send escape sequences (like \x1b in C)?
3) [Example] How do you make command-line progress bars without ANSI?
I see many programs using them, however I don't know how they do it...
I thought "send multiple backspaces and redraw it", but that would
cause flicker wouldn't it?
Thanks in advance!