On 5/27/07, mark gossage <mark@gossage.cjb.net> wrote:

> [..snip..]
Hello Joey,
I wrote the lua-swig bindings, so I guess I should answer this.

1: Not checking for extra values passed in. Yes it doesn't bother to check. we could > add this to the code.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does SWIG implement C++ function
overloading if it does *not* check number of parameters passed in a
function call

int foo(int n1)
versus
int foo(int n1, int n2)

I was under impression that SWIG carefully handles function prototypes
(aka function signatures) taking into account all available
information about function arguments, number of arguments and their
order. Am I missing something?

--Leo--