I'd like to make use of table.sort inside a C module in order to sort
a (hidden, behind-the-scenes) table. The three options that I can see
are:

1) Do table lookups to get at it from the globals table after the
library has been opened
2) Modify the table library to make the function nonstatic and use it that way
3) Copy only the function I want out into accessible code

None of which particularly appeal to me. Is there a better way I'm
missing that other people would use in this situation?