[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: srlua and other methods
- From: Remo Dentato <rdentato@...>
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:45:06 +0000
I was looking for a way to package my C/lua application in a single
executable and the method offered by srlua (thanks Luiz!) is appealing
to me because I could offer to advanced users the ability of modifying
the lua parts and generate a new executable without requiring a C compiler.
It seems however that srlua deals with a single lua file while I have
some modules and lua files that use "require()" to load them.
I've seen the version from Frank Bechmann that allows multiple files
to be stored in a zip file (srluaz) but my compiler chokes on unzip.h
(part of zlib?) and I would avoid introducing another dependency.
I could change the original srlua to make it handle multiple lua files
but before doing that I would ask:
1) Has anyone an alternative method to suggest?
2) Has anyone already modified srlua
3) I will have to change how "require()" behaves, so that it search
in the exe files before looking elsewhere, is using "package.loaders"
the best method to do that?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger Get it now!