2007/5/12, Tim Hunter <TimHunter@nc.rr.com>:
Thanks for your quick response! I've done what you suggest, but I'm
still seeking advice about how to insert my loader function in
package.loaders.

package.loaders is a normal Lua table, and you can modify it either
from Lua or from C. preload, Lua, C and Croot loaders are respectively
at index 1, 2, 3 and 4. You can remove them from that table and put
yours instead. require simply iterate over the table integer indices,
starting at 1, and throwing an error once it finds a nil entry.