Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
I'm trying to use lua in a non-standard environment that does not have access to anything like the typical file system and cannot use the I/O functions declared in C stdio.h.

I think the easiest route is to avoid stdio.h is to replace "readable"
in loadlib.c and luaL_loadfile in lauxlib.c by suitable functions for
your system. --lhf

Thanks for your quick response! I've done what you suggest, but I'm still seeking advice about how to insert my loader function in package.loaders.