I hope you've raised a list of those shortcomings to the Lua authors?

Stephen Kellett kirjoitti 24.4.2007 kello 2:49:

We've made an attempt at this with Lua Memory Validator (Windows only, so not relevant to the original poster) but sadly Lua doesn't provide all the info we need to do this properly (like we have done for Java, _javascript_, Python and Ruby). If you are interested, you can find out more here:

It appears at present that LMV gives better data with Lua 5.1 than Lua 5.0.

Stephen
(*) also known as loiterers in the Java community - use a Google search to find out more about these, they apply to Python, Ruby, Lua, _javascript_, etc