> 1) Standardization and distribution of a *minmal* set of OS library extensions.

This is still in our plans. I'm sorry for the delay.

> 2) A cross compiling luac.  So I can compile code on say x86 that is
> destined for (e.g.) ARM.

If that's all you want to do, it's easy to adapt lundump.c to do this,
and I can help you with that if you give details of the target platform.

If you want to do this for any pair of platforms, then the problem does
not have a simple solution. The issues have been discussed many times,
as I'm sure you know:

That the issue is merely annoying and not pressing is shown by the lack of
actual tools created in this direction...
--lhf