I get the impression that you think my library is doing string substitutions for the parameters. Am I mistaken?

Query parameters are actually sent as an array, separately from the query string. I am just using the query param syntax that Postgres wants.

Mike

eugeny gladkih wrote:
what about more flexible idea - using separate statement and
bindings?

local stmt = conn:statement( "SELECT a, b, c FROM t WHERE d > $d AND e = $e" )
local rs, count = stmt:selectResultSet( { d=1; e="abc" } )