On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:44 -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> Lua 5.1.2-rc4 is now available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.1.2-rc4.tar.gz

I'm currently in a hurry so I cannot write about all the details I
wanted to write about the modifications which I have made to the Lua.org
source tree.  These will be the subject of another message at a later
point in time.

But should you want to look over the changes, I've uploaded them into
the documents section of the lua-yapp project:

  http://luaforge.net/ -> lua-yapp project -> doc tab -> devel notes

The MAXARG_sBx declaration for the 16bits case is the only real fix,
everything else is either very specific to the PalmOS project or still
in flux while I'm trying to figure out why parts of the Lua core aren't
yet fully operational (in my project, that is).

I still feel that this MAXARG_sBx fix need not be rushed into the 5.1.2
release -- unless you verify that this bug is a real problem and want to
fix it with this update.  Since nobody else seems to have complained,
either my change is not necessary or there are no (other) users of Lua
(of that Lua version) on a 16bit platform.  Or they helped themselves in
a different way.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig