On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Richard Warburton wrote:
> I would of course prefer if LuaSocket was extended, such that DNS (with
> an additional parameter) could be non-blocking, returning a socket that
> could be monitored by select and would provide the result by accessing
> the function again...or something like that.

you could also try my HelperThreads Toolkit
(http://luaforge.net/projects/helper-threads/).  it's mainly a toolkit for
writing non-blocking C modules, but it already includes a small-but-useable
TCP stack sample.  maybe it's enough for your needs, and it's fully
nonblocking (because it uses helper threads, obviously)

--
Javier