On Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:24 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

>> The PopCap Games guys put up a postmortem on their newest game,
>> Bookworm Adventures. [...]
>
> Sorry to ask, but why did did they call it a "postmortem"? The first time I
> saw it I thought they gave up the project.
>
> -- Roberto

I can't speak for PopCap; in general however, a "postmortem" is conducted as a
norm at the end of a project lifecyle regardless of whether it succeeded or
failed.

Every project (plan) has (should have) an exit criteria and when executed
correctly will come to the end of its life - at which a point a postmortem is
conducted and the outcome documented. Of course there are for sure thousands of
projects that are forever stuck in a limbo!

Cheers,
Vijay Aswadhati